Platinum Awards Credit Card
Features and Benefits
Back to Products
The Commonwealth Bank Platinum Awards card adds a little luxury into a customer’s life while maximizing points-earning potential. Customers also benefit from extended purchase and travel insurance as well as premium customer benefits.
How does my customer apply for a Platinum Awards Credit Card?
For a new home loan customer, select Platinum Awards on the Home Loan On-Boarding Application (002 829) and submit to the Mortgage Services Team in your State to be eligible for a cash payment for the sale of this product.
Who is it for?
Existing or new high net worth CBA customers who:
- Have a minimum credit limit of $6,000 or more and are high spenders
- Want to be rewarded when they spend
Features and Benefits include:
Earning potential of up to 250,000 Commonwealth Awards (100,000 QFF points).
|Pay with your
|Platinum Awards American Express® Card
||$1 spent = 2.5* Commonwealth Awards points
|Platinum Awards MasterCard®
||$1 spend = 1 Commonwealth Awards point
For more information on points capping click here.
All the benefits of the Commonwealth Awards program plus additional premium features which include:
- Access to a 24 hour concierge service
- Included international travel insurance. No minimum spend required. Just activate, via NetBank, each time you travel.
- Access to travel and shopping security features (e.g. Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance, 90-day Purchase Security, Secure Internet Shopping)
- MasterCard Experiences and Offers
- Annual fee of $249 p.a., with a $10 p.a. additional cardholder fee (where applicable). These can be waived while the customer has a MAV package.
- Optional - credit card repayment insurance and Secure Sentinel card protection.
Please note: The CommBank Platinum Awards credit card is also available to non-Mortgage Advantage (MAV) home loan customers. With these customers it has a one year annual fee waiver.
For further information on card insurance benefits refer to the Credit Card Insurances Product Disclosure Statement and Information Booklet.
Further information regarding CommBank Credit Cards is available at http://www.commbank.com.au/personal/credit-cards
*Effective 1 October 2013. Prior to this date, earn rate is 3 points per $1 spent.
Credit Card Comparison Table