Back to Products
Smart Access account offer flexibility, convenience and security as well as access to Australia's largest banking network and MasterCard acceptance worldwide for a low flat monthly fee.
Smart Access is designed for customers who want to do all their banking electronically. Unlimited transactions of the following types are covered under the Monthly Account Fee.
- All transactions through Commonwealth Bank of Australia ATMs in Australia
- All transactions through EFTPOS in Australia
- All unassisted transactions through telephone banking
- Netbank transactions (except third party payments within a transfer group and International Money Transfers (IMT)
- Internet transactions not from an overseas merchant.
For Complete Access with the Everyday Offset feature, refer to Everyday Offset (Feature of Complete Access).
The key benefits of a Smart Access accounts are as follows:
- All daily banking needs can be conducted from one account
- Choice between Debit MasterCard or Keycard
- Increased flexibility:
- The customer can use their own funds to make purchases online, over the phone or via mail order using their Debit MasterCard card number
- Increased security:
- When selecting the 'Credit' option at an EFTPOS terminal or making purchases online or over the phone, customers have:
- The added security provided by EMV chip and Falcon security management
- Chargeback rights for fraudulent purchases provided by MasterCard Zero liability
- No daily withdrawal limit restrictions - they can access all funds in their account
- Increased convenience
- Debit MasterCard is accepted worldwide at more than 27 million locations - anywhere that displays the MasterCard symbol
- PayPass allows customer to make purchase of $100 or less without having to provide a signature or PIN
- Saves customer from carrying cash and travellers cheques in Australia and overseas
- An overdraft facility is available to approved customers (not available for Complete Access with the Everyday Offset feature)
The key features of a Smart Access accounts are as follows:
- Funds are available at call
- Selecting the 'credit' option when making purchases using Debit MasterCard provides improved fraud protection through use of Falcon Fraud Alert
- Direct crediting of salary or funds from other sources of regular income
- Payment of regular bills by periodic payments
- Overdraft facility is available to approved customers (not available for Complete Access with the Everyday Offset feature)
- Fee exemptions for youth and student customers (not available for Complete Access with the Everyday Offset feature)
- For personal customers only
- Personal Debit MasterCards (standard and platinum) are available for customers aged 14 years and over. Keycard only for customers aged under 14. Business Debit MasterCards are available for customers aged 16 and over.
- For customers who maintain an Australian residential address
For eligibility on Complete Access with the Everyday Offset feature refer to Everyday Offset (Feature of Complete Access)